Read How Chinenye was killed in India but don't cry sha.

Chinenye's mum shares her sad story below...
.
The prayer of every mother is to train her
child and in turn the child trains her when
she's old. That was not to be my case as I
watched my little Chineye who had just
graduated a month ago dies in my arms owing
to the negligence and wickedness of the Indian
doctors of Fortis Hospital, New Delhi, India.
.
Chineye had just graduated from University of
Abuja and was preparing for her NYSC but the
family had decided that rather than just sit at
home before her NYSC call-up, its best she
corrects her right limb which was severely
shortened after a fall in 2001.
.
Following the fall in which she broke her femur
(thigh bone) she had a surgery which involved the
insertation of k-nail (iron) to support the bone. The
iron eventually broke into two and a surgery was
necessitated to remove the 2 piece of broken iron
and correct the short limb that was causing her a lot
of pains. . Little did I know that the Indian doctors
had planned to kill my dear Chineye or how else
should I put it?
.
After the surgery in India, Chineye was upset, when 
I asked her why, she raised her fears over the surgery,
Dr Gupta the senior consultant removed only one
piece of the 2 pieces of previously broken iron in her
limb as opposed to the earlier agreement that the
two pieces will be removed before conducting the
limb lengthening surgery. 
.
When she complained, he
assured her that everything will be fine. Shortly after
she was discharged, she noticed that the lengthening
screw was stiff and complained immediately to the
doctors but they informed her that they were
looking for the right size of iron for her height.
.
After 3 days she was forced to go to the hospital. She
walked to the dressing room and two other doctors
began to attend to her because Dr Gupta was not in
the hospital. While they were changing the screw she
gasped and suddenly lost consciousness on the
dressing table; the doctors wheeled her into the
emergency room. Less than an hour after she was
wheeled into the dressing room, I was informed that
my daughter was dead, I was shocked, I could not
believe my ears,I felt the world had come to an end,
even in my state of shock the best, the hospital could
do was to demand for an additional payment from
me as cost of trying to revive Chineye.
.
When I walked into the room where she laid, I
discovered they had already stuffed near nostrils
with cotton wool while her body was still very warm,
I immediately begged and cried helplessly that they
should try to revive her but they heartlessly told me
that there was nothing they could do that she had
died and had planned to convey her to the mortuary
at the time. Due to my insistence the transport to
the hospital was delayed by another two hours
during which they blatantly refused to administer
any more procedure to revive her.
.
Dr Gupta latter arrived and told me she died of
severe heart attack. Signs of negligence are evident
in the preparedness of the surgery, as the first day
she was wheeled into the theatre for the surgery it
was cancelled and rescheduled because the iron was
not the right size for her height even though she has
done several physical consultations with Dr Gupta.
.
Secondly, a review of her medical records reveals
that there was no blood thinning medication was
prescribed which is necessary for this kind of
surgery.
Thirdly, even after the surgery the doctors were still
looking for the right size of iron. Fourthly, only one
piece of the previously broken iron was removed.
.
Finally, there was no willingness to revive her and
they did not show any value for life in the urgency
and recklessness with which they declared her dead
and hurried her to the mortuary. Since her death
Fortis Hospital New Delhi has issued several
conflicting statements on the cause of her death
which only confirms my fears that Chineye was
murdered.
.
They have refused to release the autopsy result and
they still claim to be investigating the cause of death.
I have been crying since the 9th of October, 2015.
My heart bleeds and I know Chineye’s soul seeks for
justice. I speak as a mother who deserves to know
the cause of her daughter's death. I need the support
of every Nigerian in this fight against this murderous
act, injustice, oppression and wickedness.
.
I am helpless but I believe that with God on my side
and with the support of Nigerians and the
international community by sharing this story until it
gets to the relevant authorities, the killers of my
daughter will not escape judgement. I have spoken
to a couple of Nigerians that have also had
unpalatable experiences in their search for medical
aid in India.
.
Many have lost their loved ones and refused to share
their story. I have decided to share this story to save
more potential lives that will be lost due to medical
negligence in Fortis Hospital and create awareness.
.
Fortis currently has a branch in Abuja, Nigeria. .
.
Fortis
why did you kill Chineye?
Read How Chinenye was killed in India but don't cry sha. Read How Chinenye was killed in India but don't cry sha. Reviewed by masterplannermp on 06:45 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.