How a king xcaped assasination attempt

King Iyerite Chiefson Awululu, the paramount ruler
of Oluasiri community in Nembe Local
Government Area in Bayelsa State, narrowly
escaped death on Sunday July 31st after he was
attacked by armed men who invaded his
residence, cut him mercilessly with machete and
left him for dead in a pool of his blood.
Narrating his ordeal to Niger Delta Voice on his
hospital bed, King Awululu said that men of the
State Investigation Bureau, SIB, Bayelsa State
Police Command, have arrested the key suspect,
a politician
.
He said the attack was part of the ongoing
attempt to dethrone him over his refusal to
extend the tenure of members of the Oluasiri
Development Union, ODU and Oluasiri Youth
Forum, OYF and receiving the then governorship
candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC,
Chief Timipre Sylva, who visited him during the
last governorship elections.
.
“I want to attribute my survival to the
divine grace of God. It started in November
2015 with the prime suspect and 145
others sending me a letter stating that I
should resign with threats to use legal
means and all other means possible. But I
knew that the only authorities that can
remove me are the kingmakers, the state
governor and a competent court of law. It
is a gazetted stool and I was
constitutionally enthroned with
presentation of staff of office and
coroneted. Oluasiri is not given to one
community, but made up of cluster
communities headed by small kings. On
July 4, one John called me to mock that I
was still on the throne? I immediately
called the prime suspect to report the
threat call.
.
In his reply, he confirmed that
there is already an active plot to remove
me. On the 18th of July at about 9.30 pm,
I came outside my sit-out and saw the
prime suspect discussing with three men.
At about 2.30 am, my wife alerted me that
three men have gained entrance into our
home.
.
All emergency calls were not
answered, I called my nephew and he
answered. At this point, I was hearing the
armed men breaking doors . I was inside
the master bedroom with my wife. They
broke down the door to the room and the
one to the toilet, where we were hiding.
They dragged me out and dealt me several
machete blows. They left me for dead in
the pool of my blood. They did not ask
any valuable or for money. All they wanted
was my life but God, the owner of life said
no. I believe it is also politically-motivated
because many of those involved in the plot
against me belong to a formidable political
camp. “Before I became the king in 2009,
the issue of tenure elongation had caused
a spate of killings as well as arson, but I
brought reforms. They threatened to deal
with me through government.”he said
How a king xcaped assasination attempt How a king xcaped assasination attempt Reviewed by masterplannermp on 09:25 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.