Anyone knows this woman? She was found on the streets of Lagos


This elderly woman was picked up by a compassionate woman named Iyabode Adisa Ayokunle, who saw her lying on the ground along Abisogun Leigh Street just by Zenith Bank at Aguda Bustop in Ogba, Lagos. Here is Iyabode's account of how she met the old woman...
"Today something happened on my way home from work. I was driving thru Abisogun Leigh Street just by Zenith Bank at Aguda Bstop in Ogba when I saw a woman lying by the side of the road.
People didn't want to go near her everybody minding their business. I parked my car and walked over to her. Asked her a few questions . She was obviously quite weak and didn't seem to know where she was coming from or where she was going. Two guys also came over and helped carry her to a safer spot. Then we bought her water, malt and rice. She gulped down the malt hurriedly and threw up all she drank. We started calling 112 the no for the Lagos State Emmergency Services. They said someone would come to carry her . I made a call to someone close to The Govt. The ambulance came at 8.05pm. About 90 mins after the calls were made. The ambulance attendants took a cursory look at the woman from afar and said they will call social services to come carry her. That this wasn't their bit. They hadn't even examined or spoken to her. I was enraged along with the other bystanders who stood to see that help comes the way of this woman. I threatened to call the Governor and started taking their pics with my phone. Then they asked us to calm down and interrogated the weak woman for another gruelling 40 mins before they took her into their ambulance. U would think these women were soldiers who had captured a BH suspect. The woman seems to have some form of Amnesia as she doesn't know her full address. She gave her name as Mary Thompson from Calabar. Attached is her pic. The only thought that occured to me when I stopped was that she is someone's mother. I am.posting her pic here just in case someone knows her here. She is now in the custody of the Lagos State Ambulance Services
Anyone knows this woman? She was found on the streets of Lagos Anyone knows this woman? She was found on the streets of Lagos Reviewed by masterplannermp on 07:32 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.